Portable Vacuum Frame (PVF)
The portable vacuum frame is a must-have for many alternative printing processes. Unlike a contact print frame, it eliminates the glass on top making it very light in weight. Without the glass, it improves the UV absorption from your UV source (BL lamps, UV LEDs, sun). It also improves and maintains contact between negative and sensitized medium by distributing even pressure to the whole image especially as you go bigger in size. The PVF uses polyvinyl chloride plastic (PVC) material for it's vacuum seal. Optionally, you can also choose Kreene material for a tight seal over film and media.
Size can also be customized to fit your existing UV box. Send email at DennisR@dennis-ramos.com with your dimensions to customize your needs based on your UV light source or paper media.
Please select your sizes below:
Options: (free shipping within US)
1. X-SMALL - Outside Frame Dimensions: W8" x L11"
Working Area: Accommodates up to 6" x 9" paper/negative (15.5cm x 23cm)
2. SMALL - Outside Frame Dimensions: W14" x L19"
Working Area: Accommodates up to 11" x 16" paper/negative (20.5cm x 25.5cm)
3. MEDIUM - Outside Frame Dimensions: W19" x L24" (will fit Arista UV Lightsource - 20x24)
Working Area: Accommodates up to 16" x 20" paper/negative (28cm x 38cm)
4. LARGE - Outside Frame Dimensions: W25" x L29"
Working Area: Accommodates up to 22" x 26" paper/negative (40.5cm x 50.5cm)
5. X-LARGE - Outside Frame Dimensions: W32" x L38"
Working Area: Accommodates up to 30" x 36" paper/negative (15.5cm x 23cm)
- Vacuum pump is optional ($65.00 + $25.00 shipping and ships separately from a 3rd party vendor)
- Kreene plastic material is available as optional (XS-$15, S-$30, M-$45, L-$55, XL-not available). It is a flexible and matte transparent plastic sheeting used in platemakers on vacuum tables for a tight, flawless seal over film and paper media.